Monday, August 20, 2007

Team Players

Apparently, according to my boss, I am not a team player. I found this strange, as when it comes to work, I feel I very much am a team player. If a group needs a leader, I lead, if a group has a leader and needs contributors, I contribute.

So her saying this bothered me somewhat, so I asked around. Apparently, her definition of a team player is one who not only works well with others, but also plays well with others. Her definition of play well is go to lunch with the group every day, attend social functions with them when they chose to go out. I attempted to have lunch every now and again with the team, however, when ever I attempted to add to the conversation, they were not interested in hearing what I have to say. Besides, I don't love my job, so therefore, I like my hour break from everyone.

Last Friday we did a team building exercise, and we took a DiSC profile personality test (similar to the Meyers-Briggs). It showed that my boss and I don't get along very well on a social level or on a work level either. Wish they told me something I didn't know.
Anyway, I don't think I will be much more of a team player. Unless the team looks like this:

1 comment:

Kevin said...

What's up with all of them holding their crotches? Forgot their cups?