Wednesday, April 2, 2008

How Do You Know

Long time no post. My brain has been over thinking many things lately.

The latest thing I have been over thinking is how do you know when you're in love. Or maybe in love enough to stay with the person you are with. I've been with my partner for 7 years, and I know that I have not really been happy for a while now.

I know what things that don't make me happy, such as his aunt and uncle that live with us. He keeps telling me that they need to feel like it is their home too. Unforutnately, that has meant that I end up having only 1 voice in 4 towards what goes on in the house. And my voice tends to be the opposite of the intruders, so my partner gets caught in the middle. So, I tend to just say do what ever, and walk away.

We also have three dogs that I am totally responsible for. He doesn't seem to feed them or care for them, even though we got each dog because he wanted them. (I promis daddy, I'll take care of them). So, I end up resenting the dogs, since I knew we didn't really have time for them.

So, I don't know if I am unhappy, as I feel like the money man, and the maid, or if it is more than that. If the intruders left would things change? If the dogs found new homes, would I be happy?

So, how do you know you're in love?

How do you figure out what will make you happy?

No comments: